Beef and horseradish meatloaf
Horseradish sauce made from grated horseradish root, vinegar and cream is usually served with beef so it makes the perfect complement to this meatloaf recipe.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Put the mince in a bowl with the egg (lightly whisked), onion (finely chopped), thyme, oats, horseradish sauce, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Press mixture into a buttered 1kg loaf tin and place this in a deep roasting dish. Pour boiling water into the roasting dish, to come half way up the loaf tin.
- Bake for 1½ to 1¾ hours, or until juices are clear when the loaf is pierced with a skewer.
- When the loaf is cooked, remove the loaf tin from the roasting dish and leave for about 10 minutes, then tip out any excess juices and turn the loaf out onto a plate.
- Slice and serve with gravy.