Fish with beetroot rosti
Rosti is a Swiss dish mainly comprised of grated potatoes. Make it as a delicious variation to mashed or baked potatoes as a great side for fish.
- To make the rosti, put the whole, unpeeled potatoes into a pot of boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes, depending on their size, until they are just beginning to feel tender.
- Cool, peel and coarsely grate into a large bowl. Grate the beetroot on to kitchen paper and pat dry, then add to the potato and season well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and put in an oiled 20cm flan ring. Spread the rösti mixture into the ring and cook for 10 minutes over a medium heat.
- Put a plate on top, turn the pan over then slide the rosti back into the pan and cook for 10 minutes on the other side.
- Meanwhile, rub ginger over the fish and sprinkle with lime juice of 1 lemon and 1 tbsp oil. Just before serving, cook the fish in batches in a grill pan for a few minutes each side.
- Cut the rosti into 4 wedges. Serve each piece with a fillet of fish and an orange and watercress salad.