Prawn with basil aioli
- Mix egg yolks, crushed and finely chopped garlic and salt in a small bowl with an electric beater.
- Gradually add oil, a few drops at a time, beating continuously.
- Increase oil flow to a thin steady stream - the oil will mix with the eggs to make a creamy mayonnaise.
- Mix in lemon juice, rind of 1 lemon and chopped basil.
- Skewer king prawn cutlets, stretching them out straight.
- Brush with oil and cook on a barbecue or griddle until cooked through.
- Place a spoonful of aioli into the base of a shot glass, then place prawns in the glass, sitting in the aioli.
- Drop in a small basil leaf and serve at once.