These biscuits can be made several days in advance. Simply store in an airtight container and dust with icing sugar upon serving.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degC. Beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy. Sift in the flour and cornflour and mix well.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to 2mm thick.
- Cut heart shapes from the dough using a 9cm heart cookie cutter.
- Place biscuits on a cold, lined baking tray and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until firm but not coloured.
- Transfer biscuits to a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Whip cream softly.
- Spread biscuits with lemon curd, spread half the biscuits with cream and then top with strawberry slices. Place another biscuit on top.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.