Blueberry and apple cake
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries or for a twist, try using rhubarb instead of blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Beat butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla, followed by the sifted flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Gently fold in sour cream.
- Peel, core and slice the apples into thin slices. Pour half the batter into a greased and lined 22cm round cake tin, then top with blueberries and apple. Cover with remaining batter.
- Combine the brown sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle it over the top.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours or until cake is cooked. Serve warm or at room temperature dusted with icing sugar.