Serve with cream for a delicious dessert the whole family will love.
|½ cup||Dried apricots|
|1½ cups||Brown sugar|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|250 ml||Natural yoghurt|
- Preheat oven to 160 degC. Place boiling water and apricots in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the sugar and butter until pale and creamy, then add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Squeeze water from apricots and add to mixture along with combined flour, baking powder and salt.
- Lastly add baking soda dissolved in yoghurt and gently mix to combine.
- Pour into a lined 22cm cake pan and bake for 45 minutes until cake is cooked. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Mix topping ingredients and melted butter together and spread over cooled cake. Place under a hot grill for a few minutes until golden.