Lamb & brown rice salad
( SERVES 4 )
Here's a tip - crumbled feta would be a tasty addition to this salad.
|1 cup||Brown rice|
|2||Red capsicum, deseeded and chopped|
|12||Asparagus spears, chopped|
|600 g||Lamb, back straps|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|½ cup||Black olives|
- Place rice in a saucepan with 2 cups of lightly salted water.
- Bring to the boil, immediately cover and reduce heat to as low as possible and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes until water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Alternatively, cook rice according to packet instructions. Turn rice out onto a shallow dish to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle or barbecue grill, toss courgettes, capsicum and asparagus with a little oil and cook until just tender. Set aside.
- Brush the lamb with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the lamb over a high heat on the griddle or barbecue for 3 minutes each side, or more if you like. Set lamb aside to rest.
- Combine the lemon juice, harissa, mustard, salt and olive oil in a bowl.
- Roughly chop asparagus, then mix vegetables and olives with rice.
- Slice lamb into 1cm thick slices and either combine with salad or arrange on top.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.