Falafel with crisp tortilla and summer salad
Falafel are delicious when served with a dressing of combined yoghurt, finely chopped garlic and a little sea salt.
- Preheat oven to 200 degC.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and gently cook onion and garlic until tender.
- Place chickpeas in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until roughly mashed.
- Add onion, garlic, parsley, flour, coriander, cumin, baking powder, egg and a little salt and pepper. Pulse until combined.
- Shape falafel mixture into walnut-size balls.
- Place falafel in a lightly oiled baking dish and cook for 15 minutes, turning them during cooking, until golden.
- Meanwhile, brush tortilla with oil, chop into wedges, then grill or toast until golden.
- Combine cucumber and tomatoes in a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice and remaining olive oil.
- Serve falafel with tortilla wedges and salad.