Pork & prune sausage rolls
A twist on the much loved sausage roll - serve hot with plenty of sauce for dipping.
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently cook chopped onion and garlic until tender. Add spices to the pan and stir to mix and cook for a further minute.
- Squeeze the sausages out of their casings into a bowl and mix with pork mince, chopped prunes, chopped coriander, salt, pepper and onion mixture until well combined.
- Using one sheet of puff pastry, lie a sausage shape of mixture along one end of the sheet. Roll the sausage in pastry until you get 2cm of overlap, press to seal. Cut off remaining pastry and set aside to use with other offcuts.
- Slice each sausage roll into bite size pieces - about 8 per log. Continue with remaining pastry and sausage mixture.
- Brush each sausage roll with egg and sprinkle with a tiny amount of combined cumin seeds and sea salt. Place on a cold baking tray and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until puffed and golden.