A traditional Italian dessert, panforte contains fruits and nuts - it's very similar to fruitcake. It makes a great Christmas gift. If you don't have small cake tins, use tart tins instead.
- Preheat oven to 150C. Line the base of 2 x 15cm cake tins and 1 x 10cm tin with baking paper.
- Combine nuts, figs, apricots, flour, cocoa and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Place the caster sugar and honey in a small saucepan and stir over a gentle heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the sugar mixture into the dry ingredients, along with the chocolate, and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the cake pans and bake for 15 minutes until firm and coming away from the edges of the pan. Cool in the tins.
- Dust cold panforte with sifted icing sugar or cocoa.