Blueberry and oat hotcakes
( SERVES 16 )
These hotcakes are great for those chilly mornings, and the oats give a great fibre boost.
Preparation: 20min. Cooking: 15min. Makes: 16 hotcakes.
- Melt together golden syrup and butter, then set aside.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a large bowl. Mix in sugar and oats and make a well in the centre.
- Whisk eggs and mix in milk. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Stir through the blueberries and the combined golden syrup and butter.
- Heat a large frying pan and grease with butter. Place large spoonfuls of batter into the pan and allow bubbles to break on the surface before flipping to cook the other side.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup, or spread with butter.