Summer berry pudding
This chilled dessert is best served with cream or icecream and makes for a great finish to an alfresco meal.
- Starting the day before you want to eat the pudding, place the berries and sugar into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring gently to dissolve the sugar. Set aside to cool.
- Line a 1-litre pudding basin with plastic cling film. Cut the vanilla sponge into pieces and line the pudding basin completely.
- Pour the cooled mixed berries into the basin, then cover with the remaining sponge.
- Cover the base with cling film and press firmly. Put in the refrigerator overnight.
- Next day, turn the pudding out onto a serving plate and serve with cream or ice cream.