Cheese & Mite Scrolls
( SERVES 16 )
These delicious scrolls are also good for an after-school snack, especially straight out of the oven.
1. Combine the yeast and sugar with the warm water and leave for 5 minutes until frothy.
2. Combine the flour and salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture and the oil and mix well.
3. Turn the dough out and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth (adding more flour if dough is sticky). Set aside in a covered oiled bowl and leave to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
4. Preheat oven to 200C. Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface to make a 22 x 50cm rectangle.
5. Spread Marmite thinly across the dough surface.
6. Mix the grated cheese with one egg and spread mixtureover the oarmite.
7. Starting at a long side, roll the dough into a tight pinwheel and cut into 16 even pieces. Place scrolls on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush tops of scrolls with one egg yolk and bake for 10 minutes until golden and cooked.