Crisp spicy calamari
Guests will love this entree, make sure to use fresh lemon.
- Cut tubes open so they lie flat and cut any larger tubes in half.
- Using a sharp knife, score the flesh on each side of the tube into a rough criss-cross pattern. Pat the calamari dry with paper towels.
- Combine the flour, pepper, salt and chilli in a flat dish, and dust the calamari with the spiced flour.
- Heat enough oil in a large frying pan to fill a depth of 1cm. once oil is hot, quickly cook calamari in batches until it curls and is golden all over.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with lemon or lime wedges on the side.