This dessert is perfect for a romantic evening, or a fun group dinner.
- Remove grapes from stem. Heat 1/4 cup white wine (sweet), 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Gently poach grapes in the syrup for 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining wine, sugar, rind of half a lemon and lemon juice, just until sugar is dissolved.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Take care not to whip until too firm, and gently combine cream with the wine syrup.
- Divide grapes between glasses, reserving some for garnish. Spoon over cream mixture and chill for at least one hour.
- Prior to serving, top with the remaining grapes and lemon rind.