Sausage and lentil hotpot
Never apologise for serving a sausage hotpot to friends. Try to get the best sausages you possibly can and the results will be soothing and delicious.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Brown the sausages in a saucepan for 10 minutes and set aside on a plate.
- Heat the oil in the same saucepan and cook the peeled and halved onions for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, peeled and cut into 3 x 2cm and lentils. Pour in the chicken stock, add the dried herbs and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish, nestling the sausages into the lentils. Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Season and serve with freshly chopped parsley.