Rhubarb and ginger slice
( SERVES 20 )
Perfect for an after-school snack, or for an early morning tea break. Preparation: 25min. Cooking: 35min. Makes: 20
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Beat chopped butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in combined plain flour, baking soda, ginger and oats.
- Press half of the mixture into the base of a lined 20 x 30cm slice pan.
- Cover with the lightly cooked rhubarb pieces and then crumble remaining base over the top.
- Bake the slice for 35 minutes until golden.