Cheesy sausage rolls
The ultimate entertainer, break these little beauties out for impromptu barbecues.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Remove the meat from the sausage and mix together the sausage meat, herbs (such as sage, parsley and rosemary), chopped onion, egg and chopped cheese.
- Place a small log of sausage along the side of a pastry sheet. Dot with chutney or sauce, then roll pastry over, allowing a little overlap, then trim and seal edges.
- Repeat with remaining sausage mixture and pastry.
- Cut sausage rolls into small pieces, brush with a beaten egg yolk and place on a cold tray.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until puffed and golden.