( SERVES 4 )
Serve this delicious sausage dish with crusty bread or mash on the side.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, prick sausages with a fork and cook until well coloured.
- Remove sausages from the pan and set aside. Wipe excess fat out of pan with a paper towel.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan and gently cook carrots, leeks, celery and garlic until tender.
- Increase the heat and pour in lager and beef stock, allow to boil and reduce by half. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return sausages to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.