Hot cross truffles
Truffles can be messy and are easiest to roll if your hands are wet or by using disposable rubber gloves.
- Heat cream and butter in a small saucepan until almost boiling. Remove from the heat and pour over the dark chocolate bits, allow to sit for a minute before stirring until smooth. If the chocolate is not melted enough then give short bursts in the microwave on medium-low power, stirring well after each burst.
- Pulse shortbread in the bowl of a food processor until in small pieces but not crumbs. Mix shortbread, ground almonds, vanilla and cranberries into the chocolate. Set aside or refrigerate until firm enough to shape into balls.
- Form mixture into small balls and place on a tray. Refrigerate until firm.
- Melt dark chocolate and coat balls in chocolate before returning to a lined tray to set.
- Once the chocolate coating has set, melt the white chocolate and pour into a small plastic bag. Snip a hole off one corner and pipe crosses onto each truffle. Allow to set.