Fun size biscuits
Serve these as an afternoon treat for the kids, or as a gift. Makes 35
- Preheat oven to 170 degC. Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy, add one egg yolk only and milk and mix until well incorporated.
- Mix in combined flour, baking powder and 1 tablespoon of orange rind.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll small walnut-size balls of dough into logs. Fold them over so ends are touching and either leave as a loop or hold the ends and twist.
- Place on a cold tray and brush with egg yolk. Sprinkle with either sesame seeds, sugar or leave plain.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden and crisp. Cool on a wire rack.