( SERVES 6 )
A luscious combination of almonds and apricots, all enhanced with a sweet pastry base – how good is that? If you don’t like apricots, change to another fruit of your choice.
- Grease a 28cm pie plate well and place the pastry in the base. Rest for 30 minutes in fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan bake.
- Spread apricot jam over the base of the case and place the well-drained apricots cut side down on top.
- Cream the butter and the sugar, beat in eggs and egg yolk.
- Fold in almonds and ½ tsp lemon zest. Place mix in the pastry-lined dish and scatter with flaked almonds. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve in small wedges – this is a rich tart.
Make this tart several hours ahead of cutting and serving so it is easy to produce a clean slice. While whipped cream is often a favourite accompaniment, why not try combining whipped cream with natural yoghurt instead? It’s healthier and the tang of the yoghurt really contrasts well with the sweetness of the tart.