Cheese & Onion Biscuits
Serve biscuits as a nibble with drinks.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Grate butter into the flour, then rub with fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in cheese and onions.
- Mix in egg yolk and cold water using a knife until mixture comes together into a ball.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface and cut into 6cm rounds. Sprinkle with a little sea salt if you like.
- Place rounds on a cold baking tray and bake for 18 to 20 minutes until biscuits are crisp and golden. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.