( SERVES 4 )
For a new flavour try using brandy instead of whiskey.
- Allow steak to come to room temperature and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan over a high heat and cook steak for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until it's well cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- If necessary, add a little more butter to the pan and then cook the chopped shallots and garlic over a gentle heat until shallots are tender. Add the mustard and increase the heat, pour in the whiskey and allow to bubble and reduce. Pour in the cream and simmer, stirring, for several minutes until you have a smooth sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve steak with sauce and your choice of vegetables.
Tip: For a new flavour try using brandy instead of whiskey.