Chicken liver & brandy pate
Good to freeze - perfect for entertaining. Makes: 3 cups
- Heat a frying pan and melt 50g butter. once it's bubbling, cook trimmed livers until coloured on each side but still pink in the middle. Remove from the pan and place in a blender or food processor.
- Gently cook finely chopped shallots and crushed garlic until tender. Lift from the pan and add them to the livers.
- Increase the heat and pour in the brandy, allow to bubble and reduce and then transfer to the blender.
- Chop the remaining butter and add to the mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper and then process until smooth.
- Spoon paté into small dishes and top with extra melted butter and thyme leaves.
- Serve on toasted brioche or bread.