Chocolate caramel brownie
Prepare ahead to serve with milk with hot cocoa.
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Combine chocolate and butter together in a small saucepan and melt over a gentle heat. Stir until smooth.
- Sift cocoa, sugar, flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and mix in eggs, butter and chocolate and walnuts.
- Spoon mixture into a lined 20cm2 cake pan. Dot the surface of the batter with caramel, gently pressing it into the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until brownie feels firm on the surface.
- Allow to cool before cutting into triangles or squares.