Turkish lamb burgers
Turkish-style takeout at home, for under $20!
- Place bulghur wheat and tomato juice in a bowl and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Combine the mince, crushed garlic, ground cinnamon, cumin, coriander, chopped fresh parsley and bulghur wheat in a bowl. Season and mix well.
- Shape mixture into oblong-shape patties.
- Mix the parsley, tomato juice and pine nuts together, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook minced lamb until well coloured and cooked through.
- Toast pita bread until golden and then gently open up with a sharp knife.
- Serve lamb in pita bread with tomato, parsley salad.