Pork burger with pineapple salsa
( SERVES 4 )
This is a fun recipe to make with the whole family - teach your children how to form their own meat patties.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and gently cook chopped garlic, chopped onion and Cajun spice until onion is tender.
- Transfer onion mixture to a bowl and mix with pork mince, fresh breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Form meat into patties.
- Wipe out frying pan, add a little more oil and heat. Cook patties over a medium heat until coloured and cooked through.
- Meanwhile combine roughly chopped pineapple, red onion, coriander leaves and juice from one lime.
- Slice bread into 4 portions, then slice each in half. Toast or grill until golden.
- Spread each bread base with aioli and some pineapple salsa, cover with a pattie and then the bread lid.