Spice date bread
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a 23cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Melt together the butter, brown sugar, golden syrup and treacle in a small saucepan. Set aside to cool. Mix the dates with the butter mixture.
- Sift flour and spices into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in cooled butter mixture along with milk and eggs, lightly whisked. Mix well, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until loaf tests cooked when an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.