Food truck recipe - Steak and Cheese Pies
( SERVES 4 )
Recipe by Michael Van De Elzen. All recipes are based on food sold in TV ONE series The Food Truck.
To make these pies you'll also need 4 x 10 cm diameter volauvent cases, precooked, warm.
- Preheat grill. Heat a heavy-based pan. Spray with oil and add onion and garlic. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add beef, mushrooms and mustard and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes.
- Pile mixture into warm volauvent cases.
- Mash potato with olive oil, milk and pepper to taste. Place in a piping bag and pipe potato onto the top of each pie.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place under preheated grill until potato is golden.