Food truck recipe - Steak and Cheese Pies
Recipe by Michael Van De Elzen. All recipes are based on food sold in TV ONE series The Food Truck.
To make these pies you'll also need 4 x 10 cm diameter volauvent cases, precooked, warm.
- Preheat grill. Heat a heavy-based pan. Spray with oil and add onion and garlic. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add beef, mushrooms and mustard and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes.
- Pile mixture into warm volauvent cases.
- Mash potato with olive oil, milk and pepper to taste. Place in a piping bag and pipe potato onto the top of each pie.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place under preheated grill until potato is golden.