Food truck recipe - Vegetable Pies
Recipes by Michael Van De Elzen. All recipes are based on food sold in TVoNE series The Food Truck. Nutritional Analysis are approximate only, done using Foodworks 2009.
|2½ cups||Wholemeal flour|
|¾ cup||Coconut oil|
|2 tsp||Cider vinegar|
|¾ cup||Water, (cold)|
|4 Tbsp||Chickpeas, cooked|
|4 Tbsp||Canned black beans|
|2 cups||Baby spinach, loosely packed|
|50 g||Ricotta cheese|
|1 cup||Pumpkin, dry roasted and diced|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|½ cup||Green lentils, cooked or canned, drained and mashed|
|½ cup||Coconut milk, (lite)|
|½ tsp||Curry powder|
|1 to taste||Black pepper - ground|
|2 tsp||Parmesan cheese|
- Place the flour, turmeric and salt in a bowl.
- Add coconut oil and mix until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix cider vinegar and water together and add to the flour mixture to form a dough.
- Spray 4 x 10 cm pie dishes or 4 large muffin pans with a little oil.
- Sprinkle flour over a large board and roll out dough to ¼ cm thickness.
- Cut to fit the pie dishes or muffin pans and then line them. Cut tops to fit.
- Mix filling ingredients together in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC
- Spoon filling into the pastry until level with the top.
- ooisten the edge of the pastry with a little water.
- Place pastry top on top of the mixture.
- Press down to join the edges.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden.