Crispy fish tacos
( SERVES 4 )
Add chopped red onion, coriander, sour cream and any other flavours you like to these tacos. While the fish needs to be cooked just before serving, the salad ingredients can all be chopped and ready to assemble. You can use chicken instead of fish but make sure you cook it for longer so it's completely cooked through.
- Mash the avocado until smooth, combine with the aioli and lime juice, and mix well.
- Cut fish pieces into fingers. In a bowl lightly mix the cornflour, salt and eggs.
- Heat oil to a depth of 1cm in a large deep-sided frying pan or in a saucepan.
- When oil is hot, dip fish into the egg mixture and cook in batches on both sides until golden.
- Wash lettuce leaves and pat dry. Roll up and shred finely.
- Fill taco shells with lettuce, fish fingers and tomato and lime wedges. Drizzle with avocado aioli and serve.