Chocolate walnut pies
( SERVES 20 )
Easy to eat and quick to make, these cute little pies can be served with coffee for afternoon tea or as little bites for dessert.
- Roll pastry out to a 3mm thickness. Cut out rounds and line mini muffin pans. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla and chocolate together and mix well, allow to cool until just warm.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Spoon chocolate filling into each muffin pan, filling to three-quarters full. Top each pie with a walnut half, pressing gently into chocolate.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until pastry is golden and chocolate slightly cracked.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.