Banana and chocolate loaf
This loaf is perfect for the kids' lunchboxes or as a morning tea treat.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 24cm loaf tin.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add egg and mix well.
- Add sifted flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, mashed bananas and chocolate chips.
- Dissolve the baking soda in warm milk, then add to the mixture. Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until loaf tests cooked. Cool for 10 minutes in the tin before turning out.