Fried halloumi & coriander salad
( SERVES 4 )
While the ingredients list looks long, this salad is easy to put together and tastes wonderful. Halloumi cheese should be available at your local supermarket. It has a lovely salty flavour and is easy to pan-fry as it holds its shape instead of melting instantly. Ready in 30min.
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|180 g||Haloumi cheese|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 Tbsp||White wine vinegar|
|1 tsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|2 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Brush tomatoes with a little oil and roast in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until they start to soften.
- Pat the cheese dry with kitchen paper. Then, using a sharp knife, slice it into eight slices, including the ends. Combine flour with salt and pepper in a shallow dish and toss halloumi slices in it.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Be sure to use both the rind and the juice from the lime.
- Heat the remainder of the 1/4 cup of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. When the oil is really hot, cook the cheese quickly until golden on both sides. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Arrange toasted pide on plates with slices of halloumi. Divide coriander and snow pea sprouts among plates and place a tomato on the side. Drizzle with dressing and serve.