Raisin Chocolate Mousse
Serves 6, ready in 25 mins
- Place rum, brown sugar and raisins in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, and then reduce to a simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate saucepan, bring cream just to the boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Allow to sit for a few minutes and then stir until smooth.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Whisk egg yolks into chocolate mixture, ensuring the mixture is just warm and not hot. Mix in rum and raisins. Fold in a little egg white, and then add the remaining egg white, mixing gently.
- Pour mousse into six glasses, making sure that raisins are distributed amongst each. Cover with plastic cling film and refrigerate for several hours until firm, or overnight.