Fried tofu with spicy salt
This deliciously spicy dish is great as an appetiser, or on top of noodles for an authentic Chinese dinner.
- Combine the salt, pepper and five spice in a shallow bowl.
- Chop the tofu into 2cm cubes and then dust with cornflour.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook the tofu in batches for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Drain the tofu on absorbent paper. Add the finely chopped garlic and sliced spring onion to the pan and cook until garlic is golden and spring onion is softened.
- Sprinkle combined salt, white pepper and five spice over tofu.
- Divide bean sprouts between small bowls or plates, sit tofu on top of sprouts and top with garlic and spring onion. Drizzle with a little soy sauce.