Baked apricots and marzipan
This is a particularly good way of using up any semi-dried leftover marzipan you may have stored in your pantry or fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 225C.
- Line a baking tray with a nonstick mat or baking spray.
- Use a fork to crush and mix together the marzipan, egg and lemon juice.
- Cut each pastry sheet in two and place the pieces onto the baking sheet. In the centre of each pastry base, carefully lay 4 to 5 halves of fresh apricot, along with half the marzipan mix. Brush the sides of the pastry pieces with egg wash (1 beaten egg) and cover each with remaining pastry. Pinch the pastry sides to seal.
- Thoroughly brush the pastry all over with the egg wash mixture, then bake in the centre of the oven for about 20 minutes. Once they appear cooked and golden, remove from the oven and dust each pastry with icing sugar. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes or until the icing sugar dissolves and glazes the pastry.
- Remove from oven and rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving with the spiced crème fraîche (mix crème fraîche, icing sugar and cinnamon).