( MAKES 6-8 cups )
Feijoas are great eaten on their own but fortunately you can also freeze the pulp if you are struggling to get through the excess. You can use the pulp to make fruit crumble, feijoa bran muffins, or chutneys. Here's a recipe for feijoa jam!
- Place feijoas in a jam pan or a large, wide saucepan. Add water, lemon juice and zest.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and cook until fruit is soft - this should take about 15 minutes.
- Add warmed sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Bring jam to the boil, then let it boil without stirring for 20 minutes, or until the mixture reaches setting point.
- Pour jam into warmed, sterlised jars. When the jars are cool, seal them. The jam can be eaten straight away.