NZ Hottest Home Baker: Emily Taylor's Rosewater macaroons with buttercream
Try New Zealand's Hottest Home Baker, Emily Taylor's rosewater macaroons with buttercream recipe.
|200 g||Icing sugar|
|1 cup||Almond meal|
|1 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
|1 drop||Food colouring, preferably pink|
- Preheat oven to 150 degC. Sift icing sugar and almond meal together and mix.
- Put egg whites (not the yolks) in bowl of mixer and whisk for 30 seconds. Add caster sugar, and whisk for 10 minutes until stiff peaks form. Once finished beating, add rosewater and food colouring.
- Fold through the almond meal and icing sugar in two batches. Place in piping bag. Tap on bench top and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 130 degC and bake for 17-18 minutes. Allow to cool on trays.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter and vanilla bean seeds together for 6-8 minutes. Add the icing sugar, rosewater and pink food colouring. Beat for 10 minutes then add almond meal or icing sugar.