White eggplant, roast beetroot, baby carrots, coconut dressing
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, (to season)|
- Preheat oven to 200C. Oil beetroot with 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil and the sesame oil, season then wrap in tinfoil and bake for 1 hour.
- The cooking time will vary depending on size so open the foil and test with a skewer to check.
- Drizzle the carrots with oil and season. Slice the eggplant and brush with oil. Place together on an oven tray and bake for 20 minutes, turning once.
- To make the dressing, heat all the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Taste for seasoning then remove the cinnamon stick. Slice the beetroot, plate the vegetables, spoon over the dressing and scatter over snipped chives.