Corncakes, avocado whip and bacon
( SERVES 6 )
- Coat the corn in olive oil, season and warm through.
- Divide corn into two thirds and one third. In a liquidiser, place in two thirds of the corn, the milk, flour, chilli, parsley and lemon zest. Blitz for 2 minutes. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, whip the egg whites to firm peaks then fold through the batter and the remaining corn.
- Heat the solid top on the barbecue, spray some egg poaching rings with oil, spoon in the mixture. When sealed, remove rings and turn with a fish slice.
- To make the avocado whip: in a food processor, puree the avocado, lemon juice and sour cream until smooth and light.
- Serve a dollop of the avocado whip on the corncakes and top with a rasher of bacon.