Pineapple tarte tatins
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Use a 10cm round cookie cutter to cut 8 rounds from the pineapple.
- Add the golden syrup, water and pineapple to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Use a 10cm round cookie cutter to cut 8 rounds from the pastry.
- Divide the pineapple between 8 lightly greased 3/4 cup-capacity pie tins and spoon over the golden syrup mixture. Top with the pastry rounds and bake for 10-12 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Allow to stand for 1 minute before turning out on to a baking tray. You may need to run a butter knife around the edge of the tarts to help you remove them from the tins.
Tip: These tarts are delicious served warm with a scoop of coconut or vanilla icecream.