Hot cherry souffle
( SERVES 6 )
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line ramekins with butter then with caster sugar.
- Bring cherry coulis to boil in saucepan. In another saucepan, combine the sugar and 25ml water and bring to boil. Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until it reaches 118C.
- Whisk the coulis into the syrup then whisk in the cornflour slurry and cook for 4 minutes. Pass through a sieve. Cool.
- Whisk whites to soft peaks then rain in the sugar until whites are shiny. Take of the whites and fold into the cherry base. Carefully fold through the remaining whites. Spoon into ramekins. Smooth off the surface. Run your thumb round the inside edge so that souffle rises evenly.
- Bake for 8 minutes, it should still be slightly undercooked in the centre. Make a cut in the middle and pour the coulis inside.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.