Crostini with buffalo mozzarella
( SERVES 12 )
- Preheat oven to 180C. Slice the baguette into rounds and brush liberally with olive oil.
- Season and bake until golden, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Slice the tops off the tomatoes and spoon out the seeds, discard.
- Tear the mozzarella into 12 pieces and put into each tomato with a little thyme and anchovy.
- Season and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and the tomatoes have collapsed.
- Serve the crostini with the tomatoes on top, sprinkle over extra thyme, a grind of pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.