Chicken schnitzels with nectarines and bocconcini
( SERVES 4 )
Loved by my family and friends.
|2||Boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|½ cup||Plain flour|
|1 cup||Panko breadcrumbs|
|1 tsp||Italian herbs|
- Slice the chicken breasts evenly through the centre lengthwise. Flatten each using a rolling pin.
- Combine the flour with salt and pepper to taste on a plate. Beat the egg and water in a medium-sized bowl, until smooth. Combine the panko crumbs and herbs on a flat plate.
- Coat the schnitzels with the flour, then dip into the egg mixture until well covered then coat with the breadcrumbs, pressing in well. Chill for 30 minutes to set the coating.
- Whisk the ingredients for the dressing. Place the nectarines in a bowl. Slice the bocconcini and drizzle with a little of the dressing.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of the rice bran oil in a non-stick frying pan. Pan-fry the schnitzels for 1-2 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Serve topped with the nectarines and bocconcini. Drizzle with a little more dressing and garnish with basil leaves.
See more of Jan's snazzy summer schnitzel