Watermelon and lime salad with honey cider vinaigrette
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
|½||Watermelon, peeled, seeded and cubed|
|½ cup||Pecans, toasted|
|100 g||Soft goat feta|
|2||Lime, cut into segments|
- Combine the watermelon, pecans, feta in a large bowl.
- Scatter over lime wedges.
- Dress with the vinaigrette (see recipe below).
- In a glass bowl mix together the mustard powder and first portion of water to a cream.
- Add the salt and honey, whisking to combine.
- Continue whisking and add vinegar and water.
- Still whisking, add drop by drop the oil. Keep whisking till emulsified.
- Pour into a sterilised glass jar, this will keep in the fridge for weeks.
Also see Simon's watermelon cockatil recipe