Fennel noodle slaw
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
A crunchy slaw is perfect for any occasion over the festive season. Here I’ve topped it with some crispy snapper pieces dipped in egg and breadcrumbs. It is equally delicious on its own. Toss the light dressing through close to serving. If you are cutting the fennel and apple early, place it into a bowl of water with lemon juice to prevent it from browning.
For the dressing
|¼ cup||Lime juice|
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Sesame oil|
|1 Tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Sweet chilli sauce|
|1 tsp||Brown sugar|
|2 tsp||Grated ginger|
For the salad
- Soak the vermicelli noodles in just-boiled water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- For the dressing, combine well the lime juice, oils, soy, sweet chilli, sugar and ginger in a jar.
- In a large bowl combine the fennel, apple and lemon, tossing together. Then add the cabbage, coriander, spring onion and snap peas. Toss through the cooled noodles.
- Toss through the dressing, season.
- Top with crumbed snapper to serve.