Kiwifruit and apple salad with labane and meringue
( SERVES 4 )
This is the classic kiwifruit "pav" turned upside down. Labane is a delicate yoghurt-based cheese from the Middle East, similar to creme cremente fraiche.
- Place the lemon zest, sugar, mint sprig and water in a small pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Peel the kiwifruit and cut them and the apples into batons.
- When the syrup is completely cold, pour it over the fruit, then gently stir through the shredded mint.
- Divide the salad evenly between four large martini glasses, top with a dollop of labane and a handful of meringues.